MagicSoft Recorder is an ingest application designed for the broadcast and post production markets.It works under Windows 7 SP1 64 bit and Windows 8.1 SP1 64 bit.
It is particularly useful for multicam ingest and conformance recording because it supports up to 4 different video inputs and each input supports 2 simultaneous recordings.
MagicSoft Recorder has several features that adds value to the software :
- integrated scheduler
- support for managing BlackMagic Design Videohub switcher over network.
- storage management for each assigned folder for recording
The program supports AJA, DeckLink and Intensity cards and devices.
The input can be set either analog or digital depending on the capabilities of the card.
MagicSoft Recorder has modules for :
- "TimeCode and NLE support" that adds support for timecode, inserting marks and saving projects for Final Cut Pro/Edius/Premiere/Vegas
- "Web Browser Remote" that adds support for monitoring and managing the channels by using a web browser from Windows/MacOSX/iOS/Android
By default, Magicsoft Recorder is able to resume automatically a recording operation in cases like :
- lost input signal
- computer restart
- video mode changed ( if the channel is set on "Auto-detect" mode )
The software contains a watch-dog application that esures the functionality of the MagicSoft Recorder and sends the status and alerts by SMTP email.
MagicSoft Recorder works for SD and HD setups by capturing the input video as YUV 4:2:2 8 bit and it can process up to 16 audio channels (16 bit 48KHz) depending on capabilities of the used frame-buffer. The files can be stored locally or over the network shared locations.
The list of the supported video codecs :
- DV in .avi .mov .mxf and raw container
- DVCPRO in .avi .mov container
- Mpeg2 as Program Stream and Transport Stream (.mpg and .m2t containers)
- H264 as Program Stream and Transport Stream (.mov/.mp4 and .mts containers)
- H264 AVC-Intra 100 (.mxf container)
- ProRes ( Proxy / Normal / LT / HQ ) .mov container
- XdCAM .mov and .mxf containers
- DNxHD in .mov container
- Uncompressed YUV in .avi and.mov containers
MagicSoft Recorder supports the following formats that allows editing and viewing during recording :
- mxf XDCAM
- mxf DV
- mxf H264 AVC-Intra 100
- transport stream mpeg2 (.m2t)
- transport stream H264 (.mts)
- raw DV (.dv)
- Windows Media Video (.wmv)
MagicSoft Recorder can generate proxy resolutions for all video modes.
For 1080i video modes, you have the option to record the incoming signal downconverted to PAL or NTSC.
Also when the incoming signal is SD (PAL or NTSC), there is an option to recorded it upconverted to HD 1080i.
Supported inputs (depending of the capability of the used cards) :
- SDI with audio embeded
- SDI with audio AES
- YUV with analog audio
- Composite with analog audio